Online Course Evaluations General Overview
If your department has elected to send course evaluations online, they will be sent through the ePortfolio system. Departments may choose the option of having the system send students an email with a direct link to the evaluation. However, students will be able to access their online course evaluations by logging in to ePortfolio even without the email.
The online course evaluations are an electronic version of the paper evaluation forms that your department was already using with question types such as multiple choice, Likert scale, or short answer. Student responses are always anonymous. The start and end dates for online course evaluations are determined by your department. A course evaluation may not be completed after the due date has passed.
Faculty and staff will be able to generate reports in ePortfolio with their course evaluation results after grades have been posted to student transcripts for the current semester.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do my students find and complete an online course evaluation in ePortfolio?
- Can students save and come back to a course evaluation?
- Can students retrieve a course evaluation after they have submitted it to fix an error?
- Can students use mobile devices to complete online course evaluations?
- When do evaluations open and close?
- I have a question about the start and due dates. Who do I contact?
- I want to make a change to the evaluation form/questionnaire. Who do I contact?
- When and how can I see my results?
- How can I view my results from previous semesters?
- Can I view a list of which students have completed my course evaluations?