Online Course Evaluations General Overview
If your department has elected to send course evaluations online, they will be sent through the ePortfolio system. Departments may choose to have the system send students an email with a direct link to the evaluation. Even without this email, students will be able to access their online course evaluations by logging into ePortfolio.
The online course evaluations are an electronic version of the paper evaluation forms that your department was already using, with question types such as multiple choice, Likert scale, or short answer. Student responses are always anonymous. The start and end dates for online course evaluations are determined by your department. A course evaluation may not be completed after the due date has passed.
Faculty will be able to generate reports in ePortfolio with their course evaluation results after grades have been posted to student transcripts for the current semester. Administrators are also provided with a copy of the report for their department.
Strategies for Success
Student evaluations are important for a number of reasons including annual review, tenure track applications, and department level evaluations. In order to encourage students to complete course evaluations, we have compiled some strategies for success that have been used by various departments to accomplish their goals in a timely manner.
Feel free to utilize any or all of these strategies in whatever way meets your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do my students find and complete an online course evaluation in ePortfolio?
- Can students save and come back to a course evaluation?
- Can students retrieve a course evaluation after they have submitted it to fix an error?
- Can students use mobile devices to complete online course evaluations?
- When do evaluations open and close?
- I have a question about the start and due dates. Who do I contact?
- Do students receive reminders?
- I want to make a change to the evaluation form/questionnaire. Who do I contact?
- When and how can I see my results?
- Can I view a list of which students have completed my course evaluations?