The current goal of the project is to deploy a campus-wide assessment and portfolio system, implement identified core components and processes, and develop and deploy a corresponding implementation plan for on-going support and service to the university community.
The project's scope:
- To populate the deployed system with identified student, faculty, staff and other university data and define and implement the necessary workflows and processes to keep data current, relevant and secure.
- To assure single sign-on and remote (Texas State) authentication.
- To deploy pilots for each of nine assessment processes:
- Work represented in a portfolio for course credit.
- Internship or field work evaluation.
- Academic program admission.
- Student academic progress.
- Student career progress.
- Academic program assessment and accreditation.
- Institutional assessment, reporting and accreditation.
- To deploy a plan for each assessment process which includes procedure, policy, workflow, training and support.
- To identify, develop and implement TRACS integration for the identified assessment processes.
- To identify and migrate into the system existing instances of portfolios and assessments deployed by the university.
- To develop an implementation plan for sustaining, continually improving and expanding ePortfolio service and support.