Follow these steps to log into Focus 2:
For assistance with Focus assessments, please contact Mason Murphy, PACE Center/Career Services Career Counselor, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
On the Focus website, complete the first five inventories on Career Readiness. Save a file of your results of the fourth inventory called "Your Career Planning Status." You will also need to complete a self assessment inventory of your choice.
Follow these instructions to save your Focus 2 results as a PDF:
- On the Focus Main Menu click the [printable report] link next to the results you wish to save.
- On the following screen click [Save as PDF] and save the file to your computer.
To submit your PACE I Course Binder in ePortfolio, follow these steps:
- Log into eportfolio at http://eportfolio.txstate.edu or by using the link provided in your US1100 TRACS site. You will use your Texas State NetID and password to log into the system.
- From the Pending Tasks area on the Home tab, click the "Please send the Course Binder PACE I - Focus 2 Inventories" link.
- Click the [Focus 2 Inventories] tab.
- Click [Select].
- A title for the artifact will auomatically be populated for you. If you wish to change it, click in the Title textbox and change the text.
- Enter the three scores from your Career Planning Status Summary into the textboxes provided.
- Click [Select File] in the Career Planning Status Summary area to locate the PDF file you saved from Focus 2.
- Click [Select File] in the Self-assessment area to locate the second PDF file you saved from Focus 2.
- Enter your Reflective responses in the textboxes provided. Each response must be 250 words or more.
If you would like to copy and paste your text into the boxes, click [Rich Text Formatting] in the top right corner of the box.
The editing toolbar will contain an icon that looks like a clipboard with the letter W on it. This is the Paste from Word tool. Please use this tool when pasting text from a Word document.
- Click [Add] at the bottom of the screen.
- Click [Submit] at the bottom of the screen to submit your PACE I - Focus 2 Inventories assignment.