Student Learning Objectives
1. Students assess their career readiness.
2. Students reflect on their interests, abilities, and values.
In this assignment you will be asked to reflect upon where you are in terms of career readiness. "Career readiness" refers to your knowledge and awareness of career and educational goals, accomplishments, involvements, skills, and traits that inform your interest in pursuit of a career path.
To complete your PACE I: Focus 2 Inventories Assignment, follow these steps:
- Go to https://www.focuscareer2.com/Portal/Register.cfm?SID=864 and create an account.
- The Access code is bobcats (all lower case).
- Complete the five “Career Readiness” Inventories.
- On the Focus2 website, complete the five inventories under the section “Career Readiness.” Save the fourth inventory, “Your Career Planning Status,” as a PDF file on your desktop.
- Complete one of the five “Self Assessment Inventories.”
- On the Focus2 website, complete at least one of the five assessment inventories under the section “Self Assessment.” Save the Self Assessment (e.g. Personality Assessment) as a PDF file on your desktop.
- Upload your Focus2 documents and data into ePortfolio.
- Follow the instructions in ePortfolio to upload your Focus2 PDF files.
- Enter your Career Planning Status scores into ePortfolio in the space provided.
- Reflect on your career readiness, interests, abilities, and values.
- Enter your answers to the following questions in the boxes provided in ePortfolio.
- What did you learn about yourself and your current approach to career-related decisions as a result of the career readiness inventories? (250 words)
- What did you learn about yourself as a result of the self-assessment inventory? (250 words)
- Follow the Student Instructions (in green) in ePortfolio to submit your assignment.
For detailed instructions and videos, visit http://eportfolio.its.txstate.edu/paceassignments/assignment1complete.html